JUNE 2018 download
- a)Stages of fracture healing.
b)Describe various patterns of fracture healing after
intramedullary nailing, locked plates and dynamic
- a)What is gout?
b)Differences between gout and pseudo gout.
c)Management of gout in a middle aged woman.
- a)Write the extensor mechanism of finger with its diagram.
b)Describe in brief development of proximal end femur.
c) Blood supply of femoral head.
- a)Describe calcium metabolism
b)Skeletal and radiological changes in hyperparathyroidism.
c)Principles and indications of Teriparatide in osteoporosis.
- a)What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)?
b)Describe its type and stages.
c)Diagnostic criteria and management of CRPS.
- a)Anatomy of arches of foot.
b)What is posterior tibial tendon dysfunction?
c)Write stages and management of posterior tibial tendon
- a)Histological zone of growth plate.
b)Classification of physeal injury in children.
c)Management of physeal injury in children.
- a)What is limb length discrepancy?
b)Classification of limb length discrepancy.
c)Management of limb length discrepancy due to congenital
pseudoarthrosis tibia in children.
- a)Define entrapment syndrome.
b)Enumerate various entrapment syndromes.
c)Clinical features and management of carpel tunnel
- Etiopathogenesis, diagnosis and management of gas gangrene
in lower extremity.
- a)Sequelae of osteomyelitis in paediatric patients.
b)Describe management of each sequela.
- a)Classification of acetabular fracture.
b)Describe necessary radiological views for diagnosis of
c)Surgical management of posterior column acetabular
- a)Enumerate causes of painless limp.
b)What is Perthes disease?
c)Classification and management of Perthes disease.
- a)Types of tourniquets used in orthopaedic surgery.
b)Principles of usage of tourniquet.
c)Complications of tourniquet in orthopaedic surgery and its
- a)Types of proximal tibial osteotomies in children & adults.
b)Indications and contraindications of high tibial osteotomy for
c)Technique of high tibial osteotomy.
- a)Enumerate various deformities of rheumatoid hand
b)Management of deformities of rheumatoid hand.
- a)Classify periprosthetic fracture around total hip arthroplasty.
b)Management of periprosthetic fracture around hip.
- a)Define claudication.
b)Difference between vascular and neurological claudication.
c)Management of a 60-year-old woman with lumbar canal
- a)Clinical, radiological features and management of giant cell
b)How to prevent & manage recurrence of giant cell tumour?
- a)What is dynamization?
b)Describe its role in Orthopaedics using various implants.
- a)Describe Hoffa’s fracture.
b)Mechanism of injury of Hoffa’s fracture.
c)Diagnosis and management of Hoffa’s fracture.
- a)Classify thoracolumbar spinal injuries.
b)Management of patient with D12 burst fracture.
- a)What is Lisfranc joint?
b)Classify the Lisfranc joint injury.
c)Management of Lisfranc injury with complications.
- a)What is unstable trochanteric fracture?
b)Briefly discuss the various methods of treatment of unstable
- a)Anatomy of posterolateral corner of knee joint. (PLC)
b)Clinical test for diagnosis of PLC injury.
c)Management of PLC injury.
- a)Classify Monteggia fractures.
b)Management of Monteggia fractures in children.
c)Management of a 3 month old anterior neglected Monteggia
fracture dislocation in a 6-year-old child.
- a)What is Hangman’s fracture?
b)Mechanism of injury classification and management of
- a)Surgical anatomy of lower end radius.
b)Classify the lower end radius fractures.
c)Describe management of comminuted fracture of lower end
- a)Classify nerve injury.
b)Causes of radial nerve palsy in an adult.
c)Management of Holstein Lewis fracture.
- a)Indications of amputation.
b)Surgical principles of amputation in children.
c)Levels of various foot amputations; their indications &
- a)What is free vascularized bone graft?
b)Role of free vascularized bone graft, allograft and bone
substitutes in Orthopaedics.
- a)What is biodegradable implants?
b)Describe various biodegradable implants used in
c)Advantages and disadvantages of biodegradable implants.
- a)Indications and contraindications of Tibiotalocalcaneal (TTC)
b)Advantages of Tibiotalocalcaneal Nail over other methods of
- a)Classification of cartilage injury.
b)Describe investigation and management of cartilage injuries
of knee joint.
- a)Define non-union.
b)Classification of non-union.
c)Recent advances in management of gap non-union of
- a)Anatomy of rotator cuff of shoulder joint.
b)Indications, contraindications and biomechanics of reverse
- a)Recent advances in medical and surgical management of
osteoporotic vertebral fracture.
b)Minimal invasive spine surgery in Orthopaedics.
- a)Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty indications.
b)Advantages & disadvantages of unicompartmental knee
c)Complications of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.
- a)Radiation hazards in Orthopaedics
b)Preventive measures for radiation hazards in Orthopaedics.
- Recent advances in various imaging modalities in Orthopaedics.