- a)Define osteoporosis
b)Enumerate various causes of osteoporosis
c)Enumerate techniques for bone mass measurement
d)Drug therapy available for osteoporosis.
- a)What is renal osteodystrophy?
b)Enumerate its causes
c)Its clinical & radiological features
d)Management of renal osteodystrophy
- a)Role of Biofilm in implant infection in orthopedics
b)Biomechanics & clinical uses of floor reaction orthosis
- a)Anatomy of rotator cuff
b)Clinical tests to diagnose rotator cuff tears, & outline its management.
- a)Nerve supply of urinary bladder
b)Pathophysiology & management of autonomous bladder.
- a)Patho-physiology of compartment syndrome
b)Clinical signs of compartment syndrome
c)Principles of management of compartment syndrome
- a)What is Milwaukee Shoulder Syndrome?
b)Its clinical signs & symptoms
c)Its differential diagnosis & management
- a)Pathophysiology of peripheral nerve regeneration following axonotmesis
b)Anatomy & contents of carpal tunnel with a suitable diagram(s).
- a)Clinical signs & symptoms of a neglected Tendo-Achilles rupture in a middle aged man
b)Outline its management.
- a)Clinical & radiological features of aseptic loosening after cementless THA(Total hip arthroplasty)
b)Classification of cavus deformity.
- a)Surgical anatomy of Ganz approach to hip joint
b)Indications of Ganz approach to hip joint
- a)Management of acute septic arthritis of hip in an infant
b)Give any one classification system for septic sequelae of hip in children.
- a)Symptoms & clinical signs of a rigid pes planus deformity
b)Radiological features of congenital vertical talus.
- a)Clinical work up & laboratory diagnosis of metastatic bone tumours
b)Outline management principles of these in long bones.
- a)Define spondylolisthesis
b)Its classification in adults
c)Its clinical features & radiological signs
d)Outline its management
- Clinical features, radiological features, differential diagnosis & management principles of unilateral coxa vara in a toddler.
- a)What is triple deformity of the knee?
b)What are its causes?
c)Its management in TB arthritis of the knee.
- a)Indication & surgical method of Zancolli’s capsulodesis
b)Clinical features & management of discoid meniscus.
- Clinical presentation, radiological features & management of:
a)Chondromyxoid fibroma of distal femur
b)Osteoid osteoma of femoral neck
- a)Prophylactic management of deep vein thrombosis before hip surgery
b)Fat embolism following fracture shaft femur in a young adult in casualty.
- a)What is terrible triad of elbow & how will you manage it?
b)Principles of management of intercondylar fracture humerus & Bryan Morrey approach (Triceps reflecting approach).
- a)Classify the ankle fractures (Give any one system)
b)How will you manage supination external rotation injury?
- a)Perilunate fracture dislocation & its management in an acute case
b)Potential complications of a chronic perilunate fracture dislocation.
- a)Various clinical tests to assess glenohumeral instability
b)How will you manage anterior dislocation of shoulder with Bankart lesion & Hill-Sachs lesion associated with dislocation?
- a)What are the options available for the management of fracture of proximal third of femur in an adolescent?
b)Advantages & disadvantages of each method.
- a)What are the types of fracture healing?
b)Outline stages of endochondral fracture repair.
- a)What is reconstructive ladder for open fractures?
b)What is negative wound therapy?
c)What is fix & close protocol in open fractures?
- a)Blood supply of scaphoid bone
b)Classify scaphoid fractures
c)Management of displaced, unstable scaphoid fractures.
- a)How will you manage Gustilo-Anderson Type IIIb fracture of distal femur?
b)Compare pros & cons of angular stable device & dynamic compression screw for distal femur fractures
c)Approach to bicondylar Hoffa’s fracture.
- a)How will you treat unifacetal fracture dislocation of C5 C6?
b)What are the types of cord injuries?
c)Role of methyl-prednisolone succinate in spinal cord injuries.
- a)Molecular tests used in multidrug tuberculosis
b)Dosage & important side effects of second line drugs in osteoarticular tuberculosis
c)Role of PET to assess healing in osteoarticular tuberculosis.
- a)What is the method to prepare Plasma Rich Plasma(PRP)?
b)What are the indications of PRP in orthopedic lesions? How does it work?
c)Role of local injection of steroid versus PRP in plantar fasciitis?
- a)Different constructs of external fixators
b)What are the latest advances in construct of external fixator?
- a)What is nanotechnology?
b)Role of nanotechnology in orthopaedics
c)Recent advances in detection of periprosthetic joint infections.
- a)Management of marrow oedema syndrome
b)Management of SLAP lesions.
- a)What are stem cells? How stem cells are procured for therapeutic use?
b)Indications of stem cell therapy in orthopaedics
c)Role of stem cell therapy in avascular necrosis of head of femur.
- a)Role of templating in Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA)
b)Outline the steps of templating in protrusion acetabuli & a laterised hip with suitable diagrams.
- a)What are the various types of grafts used to reconstruct ACL?
b)What is double bundle ACL reconstruction?
c)Steps to reconstruct multi-ligamentous injury around knee.
- a)Role of navigation in total knee arthroplasty
b)What precautions you will take while doing total knee arthroplasty with fixed flexion & valgus deformity in knee?
- Recent advances in cup & stem designs of cemented & uncemented hips.