- Describe the stages of fracture healing. List the factors influencing the fracture healing. What are the causes of non-union?
- Define peak bone mass. What factors affect attaining peak bone mass? How does it correlate with osteoporosis?
- Describe the principles of ultrasonography. Discuss its clinical use in Orthopaedic practice.
- Write briefly the current presentation and treatment strategies in MRSA infection. Briefly mention about its evaluation.
- Describe the potential spaces of hand. Discuss clinical features and treatment of deep space infection of hand.
PART B Write short notes on:
- Allograft – Definition, types, principles of preparation, advantages and disadvantages.
- Wallerian degeneration – Definition and pathology.
- a) Principles of Tendon transfer. b) Tendon transfer for high radial nerve palsy.
- What is evidence based medicine? Describe the hierarchy of evidence. Discuss the differences in various types of studies.
- Enumerate the differential diagnosis of a limping child (10 years). Differentiate between a case of septic arthritis with transient synovitis.
- Describe the indications of surgery in tuberculosis of spine. Discuss role of instrumented stabilization in TB spine.
- Describe the pathology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of Madelung deformitY.
- Describe the flexor zones of hand. Outline the treatment of flexor tendon injury (acute and chronic) in zone II.
- Discuss pathology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of L4-L5 intervertebral disc prolapse.
- Discuss the pathology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of Pigmented villonodular synovitis.
- Discuss in brief pathology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of fibrous dysplasia of bone.
- List the osteotomies around hip. Write briefly about the principles of each osteotomy.
- Define the recurrent dislocation of patella. Discuss in brief its clinical features, diagnosis and treatment.
- Define distraction histiogenesis. Discuss the principles of distraction histiogenesis. Enumerate the indications of distraction histiogenesis in Orthopaedic practice.
- Define Tom Smith’s hip arthritis. Discuss the clinical features, diagnosis, treatment and sequalae.
- Classify fracture of acetabulum. Outline treatment of specific fracture patterns.
- Classify fracture neck and femur in children. Discuss the treatment principles and prognosis.
- What is whiplash injury of cervical spine? Discuss its clinical features, diagnosis and treatment.
- Discuss the tension band principles. Describe its clinical use in fracture management.
- Discuss the pathology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of acute compartment syndrome.
- Discuss the ‘ASIA SCORE”. Classify bladder paralysis in spinal cord injury with salient features.
- Classify ankle injuries. Discuss in brief the treatment principles of each type.
- Classify epiphyseal injuries. Describe the treatment principles and complications of each type.
- Describe the classification used for open fractures. Discuss in brief Ganga score.
- Discuss the pathology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment principles of nonunion of fracture scaphoid.
- List the various generations of cementing techniques. Discuss their differences in brief.
- Differentiate between parosteal and periosteal osteosarcoma in terms of pathology, clinical features, treatment and prognosis.
- Describe in brief the current state of knowledge of use of stem cells in Orthopaedic practice.
- Describe principles and clinical use of: a) PET Scan b) Bone Scan
- Discuss principles of limb salvage surgery in malignant bone tumour. List the indications and contraindications.
- Discuss the surgical steps of: a) Anterolateral decompression of D5-6 tuberculosis of spine b) Anterolateral exposure of hip.
- Write short notes on: a) Plagiarism b) Impact factor
- Describe the pathology of nerve regeneration. Classify nerve injuries.
- Describe the role of PCL in knee arthroplasty. Discuss the benefits of PCL retention v/s substitution.
- Name the biomaterials used in Orthopaedics. Discuss their characteristic features.