- Reperfusion Injury, Prevention & Management
- Bone healing & factors influencing it.
- Posterior Dislocation of Hip- Clinical presentation, methods of reduction & complications.
- a. Plaster of Paris
b. Bone Cement
c. Torus Fracture
- Non-Ossifying Fibroma: Clinical features, radiology & treatment
- Classification of Nerve Injuries & their prognosis
- Differentiating features between Osteonecrosis & Transient migratory osteoporosis.
- Design of Pelvic C-clamp, indication of its application & method of fixation of an unstable fracture
Primary drugs for treatment of tuberculosis of spine & complication of Isoniazid, Streptomycin & Ethambutol.
- a. Vitamin D resistant rickets
b. Cast syndrome
- Kienbock’s disease- etiology, diagnosis & management
- Acute Osteomyelitis- Clinical features, Investigations & management.
- Dupuytren’s fracture dislocation & its management
- a. Mallet Finger
b. Blood supply of scaphoid bone
- Epiphyseal Injury & its classification, management of S-H type IV epiphyseal injury
- a. Discoid meniscus
b. Congenital muscular torticolis
- Principle of application of Milwaukee Brace; Idiopathic Kyphoscoliosis- clinical features & indications of surgical Intervention
- Jaipur foot; Absolute & relative indications of amputation.
- Sudeck’s atrophy- etiology, clinical features & treatment.
- Portals of Arthroscopy of knee joint; Various arthroscopies, their accessories & indications of arthroscopy of knee joint
- Classification of pelvic fractures, various radiological views for assessing pelvic injuries & management of rotationally unstable pelvic injuries
- Ilizarov fixator & corticotomy; management of a case of defect non-union.
- a. Myositis ossificans
b. Habitual dislocation of patella.
- VAC; management of a case of compound fracture tibia with no neurovascular deficit.
- Damage control orthopaedics: Management of a case of fracture shaft of femur with lung contusions in an adult.
- a. Gram negative septicemia
- Osteoporosis- Dfn, various radiological investigations in a pt with osteoporosis; management of a case of fracture D12 in an adult.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta- clinical features, types; differentiate it from Battered Baby syndrome
- Diagram(s) of Brachial plexus; clinically differentiate preganglionic from post ganglionic lesions.
- Describe the blood supply of femoral head. How does it differ in children & adults?
- Describe the anatomy of Tibialis posterior tendon. What is posterior Tibial tendon dysfunction? Describe the management of such cases.
- Describe the anatomy of parathyroid gland. Describe clinical features & radiological presentation of adenoma of parathyroid. What is hungry bone syndrome?
- Discuss the Etiopathogenesis, clinical features & management of alkaptonuria.
- What are the indications of excision of head of radius? Describe the postero-lateral approach.
- Write short notes on:
- Describe the anatomy of central & lateral canals in the lumbar spine in relation to lumbar canal stenosis. How will you clinically differentiate central from lateral lumbar canal stenosis. Briefly describe the management.
- Describe the gross physical features of synovial fluid. Discuss the characteristics features in various pathological conditions vis a vis microscopic & biochemical analysis.
- Describe the mechanism of bacterial colonization & perpetuation in osteomyelitis after orthopaedic implant surgery. How is the situation different in tubercular infection of musculoskeletal system?
- Write short notes on:
a. Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis.
b. Combined angle of anteversion during total hip arthroplasty.