Paper I (A+B)
- Describe the anatomy of brachial plexus. Classify brachial plexus injuries and discuss the clinical methods to identify the level of lesion. How will you differentiate pre-ganglionic lesion from post-ganglionic lesion? 4+4+2
- Write briefly on the role of interventional radiology in orthopedics. Support with at least two examples in detail. 5+5
- a) Blood supply of the femoral head.
b) Safe surgical dislocation of the hip and how it maintains the blood supply to the hip. 4+6
- a) What is the pathogenesis of claw hand?
b) What are the other conditions which can cause a claw hand deformity apart from ulnar nerve palsy?
c) Briefly describe the tendon transfers used to correct claw hand. 3+3+4
- a) Describe different zones of articular cartilage with diagram.
b) Pathogenesis of primary osteoarthritis of knee. 5+5
- a) Spinal shock.
b) Electrodiagnostic tests in management of peripheral nerve injuries with special reference to H wave and F reflex. 4+6
- a) Describe the histology of a physis.
b) Enumerate the common orthopedic conditions related to disorders of physis.
c) Management of post traumatic unilateral physeal bar in a growing child. 3+3+4
- a) How is joint reaction force created at the hip joint and what are the factors which affect it?
b) How does use of a cane, affect joint reaction force at the hip? 6+4
- a) Draw the diagram of the normal parameters of the lower extremity alignment and label the normal values of each parameter, by drawing a Scannogram.
b) Functional and surgical anatomy of the distal humerus. 5+5
- a) What is the concept of spinal stability? Describe checklist for the diagnosis of clinical instability in the lower cervical spine.
b) Canadian C-Spine Rule. 5+5
Paper II (A+B)
- a) Open book injury of pelvis.
b) Give a flow chart of the management of urethral injury following fracture pelvis. 5+5
- a) Neurogenic claudication and how to differentiate it from vascular claudication.
b) Etiology, clinical features, investigations and diagnosis of lumbar canal stenosis. 5+5
- a) What is Lewinnek safe zone concept in THA?
b) Role of altered spinopelvic kinematics in hip instability & functional acetabular position. 4+6
- a) What is hyper-mobility syndrome?
b) Enumerate its pathognomonic diagnostic criteria.
c) What is its role in management of shoulder instability? 2+5+3
- a) Describe radiological classification of chronic osteomyelitis.
b) What is the role of this classification in the management? c) Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis (CRMO). 4+4+2
- Differential diagnosis, MRI findings and management outline for transient osteoporosis of the hip joint. 3+4+3
- a) Gross histo-pathological and radiological features of aneurysmal bone cyst.
b) Differential diagnoses of aneurysmal bone cyst in a flat bone.
c) Outline the management of aneurysmal bone cyst of scapula in an adult. 3+3+4
- a) Clinical and radiological features of infantile tibia vara.
b) Indications of its treatment and brief treatment outline. 4+6
- a) Anatomical basis of lateral pivot shift phenomenon.
b) Its clinical significance. 5+5
- a) Pseudo Trendelenburg test.
b) Ochronosis. 5+5
Paper III (A+B)
- a) Effect of CKD on adult bone & its management.
b) Juvenile idiopathic osteoporosis. 5+5
- a) Disseminated intravascular coagulation
b) ARDS. 5+5
- a) Biomaterials and their role in THR.
b) Biocomposite materials. 5+5
- a) Nerve supply of urinary bladder.
b) Pathophysiology and management of autonomous bladder. 5+5
- a) What is pneumatic tourniquet?
b) Describe its uses, complications and safety guidelines. 3+7
- What is the effect of COVID-19 pandemic on orthopaedic Surgery? Describe the various precautions, which you will take in avoiding complications during surgery in such cases. 4+6
- a) Describe the various types of abscesses seen in Pott’s spine, and its significance on the disease outcome.
b) Discuss the migration of the abscesses to remote areas based on the anatomical tissue planes.
c) Briefly write about CBNAAT. 4+4+2
- How do you classify polytraumatized patients? What is a borderline patient according to the classification and how do you manage such a case? 4+3+3
- What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)? Enumerate the clinical criteria to diagnose CRPS. Enumerate the principles of managing such cases. 3+4+3
- a) What is the effect of intramedullary reaming on the lung?
b) Enumerate the important difference in reamed vs Non reamed nailing procedures.
c) What is Reamer Irrigator aspirator and its use? 2+4+4
Paper IV (A+B)
- a) Principle of laminar air flow and its application in operation room.
b) EUSOL. 5+5
- Transport protocol of completely dis-membered finger and limb from site of injury to hospital. 10
- a) Fracture fixation using shape-memory (Ninitol) staples.
b) Mechanism of action of various anticoagulants and precautions required during their use. 5+5
- a) Principle & mechanism of action of a proximal femoral nail in the treatment of proximal femoral fractures.
b) How is it different from extra-medullary implants in the same fractures?
c) Write its complications and how to avoid them. 4+3+3
- a) Tillaux fracture.
b) Complications of lateral condylar fractures in children. 5+5
- a) Classify gunshot wounds.
b) Brief management outline for a high velocity gunshot wound to thigh in an adult male with fracture shaft femur. 4+6
- a) Etiopathogenesis of hand knee gait.
b) Floor reaction orthosis. 5+5
- a) Enumerate modifiable risk factors to reduce prosthetic joint infection.
b) Briefly outline indications & principles of Single stage Exchange arthroplasty for prosthetic joint infection. 5+5
- a) Classify Tibial Plafond fractures.
b) Outline the principles of managing these cases.
c) Role of MIPO in such injuries. 4+4+2
- a) Explain the concept of tension band plating with the help of diagrams.
b) What is the center of rotation of angulation (CORA)? Draw a diagram to show how to calculate it? 5+5