PAPER I (A+B+C+D+E)
- Describe the stabilizers of the shoulder joint. Elaborate on the clinical tests for the instability of shoulder joint. 4+6
- a) Classify surgical site infection (SSI).
b) How will you manage SSI detected on fifth post-operative day after plate osteosynthesis? 4+6
- Describe morphology of articular cartilage and changes that occur in articular cartilage in osteoarthritis. 5+5
- a) Define bone remodeling.
b) Distinguish between osteoporosis and osteopenia.
c) Explain management protocol of osteoporotic vertebral fracture with a flow chart. 3+3+4
- Describe the pathogenesis and management of gout. 4+6
- Define neurogenic shock following spinal cord injury. Discuss in detail about the clinical methods to diagnose the level of spinal cord injury. 4+6
- What is fat embolism syndrome? Discuss the clinical features, investigations, diagnosis and management of fat embolism syndrome. 2+(2+2+2+2)
- a) What are the methods of doing biopsy from a suspected neoplastic lesion?
b) Mention the histo-pathological features of osteosarcoma.
c) Describe the pre-requisites for limb salvage surgery in a malignant tumour. 2+4+4
- Describe hygiene policies for prevention of viral infection in Orthopaedic practice. Describe the management of needle-stick injuries. 5+5
- a) Transfusion mismatch.
b) Giant cell.
c) Trendelenburg’s test. 3+4+3
PAPER II (A+B+C+D+E)
- a) Discuss Denis 3 column stability concept in spinal injuries.
b) Describe patho-anatomy of flexion rotation injuries in lumbar spine. 5+5
- Discuss role of High Tibial Osteotomy in osteoarthritis of Knee. Compare its indication, outcomes, advantages, disadvantages with Uni-Compartment Knee Arthroplasty in Medial Compartment osteoarthritis. 4+6
- a) General Principle of Arthrodesis.
b) Indications & disadvantages of Plantar Arthrodesis. 5+5
- What is neglected fracture neck of the femur. How will you classify these injuries in adults? Enumerate various reconstructive surgical procedures recommended for such fractures. Describe the preoperative planning, and steps of valgus osteotomy. 1+3+3+3
- Enumerate various round cell tumors of bone. How will you treat a case of Ewing tumor arising from lower end of the femur in a 15 year old boy? 4+6
- Describe indications, advantages & disadvantages of Latarjet procedure in shoulder instability. 4+3+3
- What is hinged abduction? Describe its management principles in Perthes disease in an adolescent (16 years old)? 3+7
- Describe pathoanatomy of Lisfranc’s injury. What are its key radiological signs on a plane radiograph? Describe management in a chronic Lisfranc injury? 2+3+5
- a) Four column Classification in Proximal Tibia Fracture.
b) Raft Screw in Proximal Tibial fixation. 6+4
- Classify Periprosthetic fractures of hip. Outline their management. 4+6
PAPER III (A+B+C+D+E)
- a) Hospital / Biomedical Waste Disposal Management.
b) Needle stick injuries. 5+5
- a) Advance trauma life support (ATLS) concept.
b) Principles of ATLS in management of polytrauma. 4+6
- a) Tile’s classification of pelvic injuries.
b) Principles of treating Tile’s Type B injury. 4+6
- a) Frozen section in Orthopaedics.
b) Extracorporeal irradiation in bone tumors. 5+5
- a) Management of compartment syndrome in Proximal Tibia Fracture briefly.
b) Describe steps of Lobenhoffer approach. 5+5
- Classify gunshot injuries. Discuss management of gunshot injury to thigh with fracture shaft femur in an adult. 4+6
- a) Tension pneumothorax.
b) Triage. 5+5
- Describe various methods to provide soft tissue cover for bare proximal tibia & knee joint. 10
- Describe incomplete traumatic spinal cord syndromes and their clinical features. What is ASIA classification? 6+4
- Role of pre-operative embolization of blood vessels in Orthopaedic surgery. Illustrate with examples. 10
PAPER IV (A+B+C+D+E)
- a) Uses of biological adhesives in Orthopaedics.
b) Meniscus transplantation. 5+5
- a) What is 3D printing? What are the steps of creating a 3D print?
b) Mention some important uses of this technology in Orthopaedics with examples. (2+3)+5
- a) Principles of cementless acetabular implantation.
b) Describe the safe zones of acetabular screw placement.
c) What are the important steps in cementless implantation in Protrusio Acetabuli? 3+3+4
- a) Remplissage procedure.
b) Induced membrane technique in Orthopaedics. 4+6
- a) Disc replacement surgery.
b) Navigation in spine surgery. 5+5
- Describe concept of metaphyseal sleeve and cone in total knee replacement. 10
- Describe the method of preparing platelet rich plasma (PRP). Describe indications of PRP in musculoskeletal disorders. 3+7
- Enumerate the causes of acquired flat foot in adults. Outline its management in brief. 3+7
- a) Blood conservation strategies in major Orthopaedic surgeries.
b) Role, mechanism of action and recommended dose of Tranexamic acid. 5+5
- Role of Interventional Radiology in Orthopaedics. 10.