- Define growth plate. Describe the zones of growth plate with diagram. Discuss the clinical significance of these zones?
- Describe the types of fracture healing. Describe the stages of secondary fracture healing. Enumerate the factors affecting the fracture healing.
- Describe the investigations and their uses in musculoskeletal system
- Define allograft. Describe the types of allograft. Give salient features of each type.
- Pathology, clinical features and management of primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Etiopathology, clinical features, radiographic findings and management of scurvy.
- Describe strength duration curve. Describe the changes in the curve after nerve injury and following regeneration.
- Describe necrotizing fascitis in following subheads
- Define neuropathic joint. Discuss the causes, clinical features and treatment.
- Discuss anti-tubercular treatment in osteo-articular TB in terms of drugs, doses, regimen and duration of anti-tubercular treatment.
- Define muscular torticollis. Describe causes, investigations and treatment.
- Define recurrent anterior dislocation of shoulder. Discuss the pathological anatomy, investigations and broad principles of treatment.
- Types, causes, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of radial nerve paralysis.
- Clinical fetures, diagnosis, and treatment of De Quervain’s tenovaginitis.
- Proximal femoral osteotomies and the indications of each type.
- Classify femoral bone stock deficiency in total hip arthroplasty. Describe the broad principles of management.
- Describe the clinical features of giant cell tumour(GCT). Describe the treatment options in a young patient with GCT upper end of tibia without a pathological fracture.
- Enumerate the sequelae of septic hip in infancy. List the types and indications of each type of reconstruction.
- Describe peri-prosthetic fracture of upper end of femur. Describe the treatment of each type.
- Define slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Describe its clinical features, diagnosis and treatment in brief.
- Classify ankle fractures. Describe in brief investigations and treatment of each type.
- Describe tension band principle with a diagram. Describe its applications in Orthopaedics.
- Classify femoral neck fracture in children. Describe its treatment and complications in brief.
- Classify cervical spine injuries. Describe diagnosis and treatment of a patient with C5/C6 dislocation(in brief).
- Describe the pathophysiological changes in response to intramedullary reaming of long bones. Describe the reamed vs non reamed nails in a patient with polytrauma.
- Describe in brief the mechanism of injury, classification, treatment and complications of calcaneal fractures.
- Classify proximal humerus fractures. Describe in brief treatment and complications of proximal humerus fractures.
- Describe the classification and broad principles of management of open fractures of tibia.
- Define distraction osteogenesis. Describe its clinical applications in orthopaedic practice.
- Pathoanatomy, investigations and principles of treatment of habitual dislocation of patella.
- Define surgical site infection(SSI). Describe the current WHO guidelines for prevention of SSI?
- Describe the biomechanics of ankle joint. Describe the current status of total ankle arthroplasty.
- Define drug resistant bone and joint tuberculosis. Describe the case identification and broad principles of treatment.
- Define femoro-acetabular impingement. Describe the investigations, types and their management.
- Describe in brief, the principles of limb salvage surgery in musculoskeletal tumours. What are the patients not suitable for this procedure?
- Define and enumerate the bearing surfaces in hip arthroplasty. Describe each types with their pros and cons.
- Enumerate the bone graft substitutes and describe in brief the advantages and disadvantages of each type .
- Define the evidence based Orthopaedics and how it can be applied in clinical practice. List the hierarchy of evidence(various types of studies).
- What is spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee (SPONK)? Describe the clinical features and principles of treatment.
- Describe the current concepts of the mechanism of osteolysis after arthroplasty. What is the role of bone grafting in such patients without performing a revision arthroplasty.